Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Notre Dame

If you ever make it to this Beautiful city, dont just look at Notre Dame from the outside, but wait in line and go inside and  walk up. It is totally worth the wait. We waited in line for about 45 minutes, but if youre a student, admission is free- so again, worth the wait. 
Notre Dame was scheduled to be demolished in the early nineteenth century, so Victor Hugo wrote the famous 'Hunch Back of Notre Dame' to try and save the Cathedral. His attempts proved sucessful and the cathedral was saved from demolition.
My brother and I lit a candle in memory of  lost family and friends. It amazes me to see the amount of Candles lit in the cathedral and think of all the intentions behind them. I wish I could learn all the stories that pass through the church on a daily basis.
Beginning the Ascent to the top of the right tower.
Notice in the backdrop of the following image, the Sacre Cœur.









No comments:

Post a Comment